- To provide top-quality technical editing to scientists, researchers, healthcare providers and policymakers for whom English is a second language and who intend to submit their scientific work to an international publication
- To improve access to and quality of healthcare for underserved populations in developing countries by funding pro-poor projects in global health.
Vision and Values
Our vision is to create change for the betterment of global health and the advancement of science through professional collaboration.
- Global health equity
- Scientific advancement
- Professional collaboration
EquityEditors Association (EEA) has been instrumental in providing the seed funds for Nyaya Health to open a medical clinic in the conflict-affected, impoverished district of Achham, Nepal, where citizens live on less than 50 cents a day.
The annual salaries of the entire 20-member all-Achhami core clinical staff, other than the physician, were paid with funds generated by EEA. As such, the funds have a double social impact:
- Provide jobs in an area where unemployment rates exceed 60% while delivering essential health services.
- Provide the only preventative and acute medical care to a population of 250,000 people. In the first nine months of operation, the clinic treated over 15,000 patients.
Nyaya Health is also a transparent, open-source organization that makes publicly available both its operating documents and its budget.